Ok, so I am a bit late with my blog, so what! What are you gonna do about it? Pitch to Chipper Jones or something??
Sometimes when I see Chipper Jones play I harken back to the days of Dale Murphy and the monster games he used to have against the Dodgers back in the day. It makes me want to do what I wanted to do back than, sneak up behind the guy in the parking lot and give him the old Tomohawk chop right in the back of his head!
Seriously though, this guy seems to just kill the Dodgers for whatever reason and it drives me nuts. Hitting two bombs from each side of the plate? What the hell is that? And to top it off we have to hear and see with the close up camera zoom angle, Vin tell us about how he uses two different colored bats, one for each side of the plate. Jones is one of the game's premier switch-hitters, and decided on this night that he would break old Dale's record becasue he was playing against the Dodggers. The Horror, the sheer horror. Hank Aaron breaks the Babe's record against the Dodgers and now Chipper Jones breaks Dale Murphy's record against the Dodgers. Once again, the horror, the sheer horror.
"When you think about people that are identified with the Atlanta Braves, you think of Hank Aaron and you think of Murph," Jones said. "Just to be in the same breath with those guys -- Hank, Murph, Eddie Mathews, it's a tremendous honor. I've been very blessed."
Screw you Chipper!! Next time you play the Dodgers Gagne is gonna put one right behind you're ear pal! Err, wait, I forgot Neddy let Gagne go, so it will have to be Broxton or Saito, or Stults, or Chi-Hsu Tsao or...ahh crap forget it!!
Injuries are starting to mount up on the starting rotation and the bull-pen, and having to rely on these kids that are called from Triple AAA LAs Vegas is like putting a grip down on black at the roulette wheel - stupid..
Penny had a rare bad outing and you could say it had to do with a blister on his hand, but that would be making excuses and guys from Broken Arrow, Oklahoma don't make excuses, they just git er' done!!
I am worried though about Penny, can he keep up the pace through the second half? We shall see, we shall see..
There were a few other things that were strange about this game, like the smoke that filled the stadium and field on or around the 3rd inning or so.. Vin said it was due to a local fire, but I grew up in H-Town in the 80's and know better, it was Cheech and Chong bobble head night at the Ravine and the faithfull were out in droves...
Doc
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment