Some may frown on watching sports tape delayed or on Tivo. However, when you have a 6 month old baby at home there is simply no other way. I actually was a proponent of watching things live, and never really liked watching baseball because of the all the damn commercials. Combine this with the fact that they actually have rules on how long a pitcher can dick around on the mound before actually throwing a pitch and baseball may be gaining a new fan. This is the first game of the season for me and because I somehow screwed up the recording, I didn't start recording until the 3rd inning when Wolf was striking dudes out. That was followed up by a huge bottom of the 3rd where 6 runs were scored and pretty much put the game away early.
Here's a few things that stand out:
1) Wolf looked pretty good, but since I'm only a casual viewer the only guys I ever see on TV the last couple years have been Mariano Rivera, Clemens, Papelbon, Schilling and now Dice-K it's hard to tell how good he is... Seriously though, I don't know how many times the Yankees and Red Sox play each other but isn't anyone sick of it yet? I mean part of what made the Celtics and Lakers rivalry so great was that they only played a handful of times a year and it was something really special... These guys see each other probably more than their own families.
2) Juan Pierre is fast. Really really fast.
3) This appearance by Wolf broke up my personal 452,846,937,683 game streak of watching a Dodger game with Penny in the lineup... somehow everytime I watched the Dodgers in the last couple years it was Brad Penny. I thought he was the only pitcher they had.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Note, I actually watched the wrong game, I saw the Friday night one. I'm a dummy... I'm bad at watching baseball, but I've got a good coach and I'm working through the mechanics. If I put the time in, someday I'll be good at it.
Post a Comment